• You are a non-US resident.
  • You have won taxable gaming income from specified gaming activity within the last three years.
  • You have been issued an IRS Form 1042-S by the casino (if you have lost or misplaced these forms, we have developed relationships with casinos all across the US and can request them on your behalf).
  • You have either a) a passport, b) a driver's licence, c) a birth certificate, or d) voter registration.
  • You have qualified gaming losses (in accordance with the 1996 Canadian/US Tax Treaty).


RMS can help you to claim back your withheld taxes on the following gaming activities:

  • Slot machines
  • Gaming tournaments (such as blackjack and poker)
  • Lottery wins
  • Dog/horse wagering
  • Keno
  • Game show wins

Not in the list?
Contact us to find out if your favourite gaming activity is eligible.


If you provide us with complete documentation, your claim may be processed and we will send you your cheque within approximately 12-15 weeks. If you already have your ITIN# then the process could take as little as 6-9 weeks.

You can claim refunds for winnings that have occurred within the last three calendar years. If you've won in the current year, refunds cannot be claimed until the beginning of the following calendar year.


Canadians and other non-US Residents may be subjected to a 30% withholding tax when winning money in the US. As Canada's premier gaming tax refund company, it's our job to help you get it all back. We've helped thousands of international gamblers claim back their IRS-imposed tax on winnings across a number of gaming platforms. We're experts in the gaming-related tax laws of the US, and we'll ensure that any tax withheld that you are entitled to is returned, so you get the full winning experience.

RMS is a registered agent of the IRS and is recognized as a professional organization. We will notarize your ID for you at no extra cost. This is done to obtain an unique ITIN# (Individual Taxpayer's Identification Number). This ITIN# will then be used to process your US Income Tax Return – and can also be used to file for future refunds.

To file for your gaming tax refund, call RMS toll-free at 1-888-272-5559.


  • RMS is a proud sponsor of

    In support of the Miriam Foundation,
    assisting children and adults living
    with intellectual disabilities and
    Autism Spectrum Disorders.

    Sunday, March 27 to
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011
    Montreal, Quebec
    FIRST PRIZE: $20,000 US
  • I was very pleased with your service! It is a great incentive to continue gambling in Las Vegas and other casinos in the US, even though we are bound to be taxed the 30%. Refund Management Services was fast and the procedures simple. Thanks again.
    Bob – Vancouver, BC.